Sunday, July 18, 2010

You.

I always thought you'd be my rose
Or so that was what i conceived
It's really amazing what love can do
Such that i simply chose not to perceive


Then again it's really no fault of yours,

And it's not my blessing too,

To chance upon this rose first,

Which is in the form of you


I guess things aren't as simple as i thought they'd be

Poems have never been so easy to compose

And i said in my heart hey this is really natural

But alas for me, you're already someone's rose


Now hope has died down greatly,

How it feels i can't put to rhyme,

Because this rose I've looked upon for so long

Is not likely ever to be mine


Thank you so much my rose,

Your smile marked so much i did

We may not have known much in person

Just somehow i felt you were it..


What's to be done then,

Honestly i don't know what I shall do

But still i'll stand at a distance because i care

If that's second best to standing by you


You're only a tiny rosebud,

A flower of God's design;

But i cannot unfold the petals,

With these clumsy hands of mine


The secret of unfolding flowers,

Is not known to such as I

God opens the flowers so easily,

But in my hands they die


If i cannot unfold a rosebud,

This flower of God's design,

Then how can i have the wisdom,

To unfold this life of mine?


So i'll trust in God for leading

Each moment of the day

I will look to God for guidance

In every step of the way


The path that lies before me

Only my Lord will know

I'll trust God to unfold these moments

Just as He unfolds the rose

You.







No comments:

Post a Comment